The company behind the Chef’s Choice brand, EdgeCraft, holds a very bold tagline, “A Passion to Create the World’s Best”. By looking at their various products, we dare to say that they are true to their words. Their food slicers are always among the primary choices of kitcheners all around the world. Well, because of that, choosing between their various products can be tricky, too. People often get confused when having to choose one. To help you, in the following article, we will conduct a comparison between Chef’s Choice 609 and Chef’s Choice 615.
As the newer model, Chef’s Choice 615 is a thud bigger than Chef’s Choice 609. The height is identical, but it is wider to the sides by one or two inches. Not so significant. However, you can notice that the base of Chef’s Choice 609 is opened while Chef’s Choice 615’s base is closed. Personal preference may play some effect here, but mostly a closed base design is better. The base can serve as a platform for your tray, as well as helping in stabilizing the footing.
Now, how about their performance? Chef’s Choice 615 operates with a 120-W motor while Chef’s Choice 609 uses a 100-W motor. As the result, the 615 can generate a stronger torque than the 609. The 615 is able to cut various foods much more easily than the 609, in a much smoother manner. Besides, Chef’s Choice 615 comes with an extra feature, which is a lock button on the side. The lock button will keep the food carriage in its place without contacting the blade when the device is not being used.
Chef’s Choice 609 Vs 615
|Chef's Choice 609||Chef's Choice 615|
|Brand||Chef's Choice||Chef's Choice|
|Key differences||- Cast-aluminum and stainless-steel slicer with gear-driven, cool-running, high-torque motor
- 7-inch, multi-purpose, stainless-steel blade slices from deli-thin to approximately 3/4-inch thick slices.
- Tilted, large-capacity food carriage and cantilever design provide fast, efficient slicing
- Blade, food carriage, food pusher, food deflector, and thickness guide remove for easy cleaning, safety fuse at the base of the slicer for power surge protection
- Measures 15 by 10.5 by 10 4/5; 1-year limited warranty||- Versatile, rugged slicer featuring all structural components of cast aluminum and stainless steel
- Multi-purpose 7-inch stainless steel blade slices a wide variety of foods from deli thin to 3/4-inch thick slices
- blade, food carriage, food pusher, food deflector and thickness guide plate all remove easily for cleaning
- Special button secures food carriage in lock position to limit access to blade when unit is not in use
- Measures 15 by 11 by 11; 1-year limited warranty|
|Customer Ratings*||4.4 out of 5 stars||4.5 out of 5 stars|
|Best Deal*||Save 23% Please click here||Save 23% Please click here|
NOTE : Product prices, availability, ratings and save money information are accurate as of the date/time indicated on post time (as seen right bellow the tittle) and are subject to change. Any price, ratings, availability and save money information displayed on Amazon Site at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Because it holds a number of beneficial advantages, Chef’s Choice 615 is the better choice over Chef’s Choice 609. It is more powerful and handier, thanks to the added lock feature.