iRobot Roomba 980 and Neato Botvac Connected are both immensely popular on the market. Both are generally considered as high-class models, even though, as you may have guessed, iRobot Roomba 980 is quite more expensive than Neato Botvac Connected. Now, you are wondering whether you should get iRobot Roomba 980 or Neato Botvac Connected, aren’t you? Which model will serve the fullest value out of the bucks? Let’s compare them!
In terms of design, Roomba 980 and Neato Connected are certainly very different from each other. Roomba 980, much like the other models from the series and many other vacuum cleaning robots on the market, comes with a circular shape. It certainly looks elegant and premium, thanks to the golden brown hue on the top surface. However, a concern with such design is that the robot will not be able to reach the deep corners of a room. Neato Connected has tried to solve the problem quite successfully by featuring a unique D-shape design. With its sophisticated shape, Neato Connected can easily and effortlessly reach the corners of a room, delivering the total cleanliness throughout your home. (See also: iRobot Roomba 980 Vs 880)
Both Roomba 980 and Neato Connected are indeed smart and sophisticated. They both have inbuilt wireless connectivity means that allow you to use and control these robotic vacuum cleaners via your smartphone. The navigation systems used are very interesting to discuss. Roomba 980 is armed with iAdapt 2.0 Navigation technology. With the Visual Localization, Roomba 980 is able to map the layout of your whole home, and then automatically determine the best route to deliver the optimum cleaning performance while avoiding furniture and stairs. On the other hand, Neato Connected comes with the LaserSmart mapping and navigation technology. Besides being able to map your whole home for optimum efficiency, you can also control the robot’s movements directly via the mobile app.
Both models allow you to schedule cleaning tasks for the week. Both also have the self-charging and recharge-and-resume capabilities; if the battery runs low, they will return to their docking station to recharge. After that, they will continue finishing the cleaning task that has been left behind. Both have the turbo mode to take care of carpets, rugs, and pet hair. Their maximum battery life is 120 minutes per charge.
Roomba 980 Vs Neato Connected
|Roomba 980||Neato Connected|
|Key differences||- iAdapt 2.0 Navigation with Visual Localization enables Roomba to navigate and clean an entire level of your home
- Runs for up to 120 minutes, then automatically recharges and resumes cleaning to complete the entire job
- iRobot HOME App lets you clean, schedule & set custom cleaning preferences from your smartphone
- AeroForce Cleaning System with Carpet Boost automatically provides up to 10x the air power on carpets and rugs
- Tangle-free extractors prevent hair and debris jams||- Wi-Fi Connected for Ultimate Control-use the Neato app to clean your floors from wherever you are. Receive notifications on the go.
- D-Shape design with CornerClever technology cleans close to walls and into corners.Long lasting Li-Ion battery
- LaserSmart mapping and navigation with real-time object detection. Scans and maps the room, plans, and methodically cleans-instead of just bumping around.
- Eco & Turbo mode-you choose. Eco gives a longer, quieter energy-saving clean. Turbo provides a super-powered cleaning-with maximum hair pickup.
- Kindly refer the user manual Page# 5 and 13 for set up and best practice details under Technical Specifications.|
|Customer Ratings*||4.4 out of 5 stars||3.8 out of 5 stars|
|Best Deal*||Save Money Please click here||Save Money Please click here|
NOTE : Product prices, availability, ratings and save money information are accurate as of the date/time indicated on post time (as seen right bellow the tittle) and are subject to change. Any price, ratings, availability and save money information displayed on Amazon Site at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Considering that Neato Botvac Connected comes at a more affordable price, it surely becomes the winner of the product comparison. The unique D-shape design delivers maximum cleaning performance.