If you are ready to spend some bucks to get yourself a high-performance professional steam iron, then you are now perhaps considering to get yourself either Rowenta DW9280 or Rowenta DW9081. On the market, both are very popular. Each of them has received a big number of positive reviews from the users. Nevertheless, Rowenta DW9280 is quite considerably more expensive than Rowenta DW9081, which is perhaps the reason of why you are afraid to make a hasty decision. Don’t worry; you can find the comparisons of the two products below!
Comparing the looks, well, Rowenta DW9280 is dark blue while Rowenta DW9081 is creamy white. There are some design differences, but overall, the two are more-or-less similar in dimensions, each measure by 11” x 6” x 5”. The weights also don’t differ too much from each other, though Rowenta DW9280 can be slightly heavier than Rowenta DW9081.
Please read also: Rowenta DW5080 Vs DW8080.
Water Tank and Steam Output
The first real difference between the two models that you may have immediately noticed is the steam output rate. Even though they both are 1800-Watt, Rowenta DW9280 produces more steam than Rowenta DW9081. Rowenta DW9280 generates 220g/min burst of steam, while Rowenta DW9081 only delivers 200g/min. For light and medium duties, Rowenta DW9081 is certainly sufficient to accomplish the task pretty quickly and easily. However, for heavier, more difficult garments and clothes, you can notice that Rowenta DW9280 indeed performs even better, tackling down the stubborn creases with such ease.
In addition to the higher steam output rate, Rowenta DW9280 is also packed with a larger water tank. It can contain up to 12 ounces of water. On the other hand, Rowenta DW9081 only has a 10.8-oz water tank. Having a larger water tank means that you can load more water at once, allowing you to take care of more clothes before needing a refill.
The other features of Rowenta DW9280 and Rowenta DW9081 are pretty much identical. They each has a patented stainless steel sole with 400 microsteam holes, delivering such a perfect steam distribution. They each also has the automatic cleaning feature for your convenience and a one-touch control for easy setting over the temperature and steam output. To save electricity and water, they will automatically shut off if left idle for 8 minutes in the vertical position, 30 seconds in the horizontal position.
Rowenta DW9280 Vs DW9081
|Rowenta DW9280||Rowenta DW9081|
|Key differences||- 1800 Watts of Power and a Pump injection technology pushes 30% more steam into fabrics for perfect ironing results
- Stainless steel soleplate for excellent non-stick and scratch resistance and a precision shot zone
- READY-TEMP System : Display indicates exactly when the soleplate has reached the appropriate temperature for the selected fabric
- Smart Steam Motion Sensor turns off variable steam when iron is not in motion; conserving water and electricity
- 3 way auto-off, anti-calc system, anti-drip system, vertical steam; 1 year warranty
- Made in Germany||- 1800-watt iron with advanced steam force technology for 30-percent more steam
- Micro steam Stainless Steel soleplate; one-touch steam and temperature selection
- LED display; fabric-select dial; vertical steam; 10-4/5-ounce water tank; anti-drip system
- Steam on demand; burst-of-steam and cool-spray-mist functions; 3-way auto shut-off
- Measures 11-2/5 by 5 by 6 Inch; 1-year limited warranty, kindly refer the user manual given below for troubleshooting steps.
- Made in Germany|
|Customer Ratings*||3.9 out of 5 stars||4.2 out of 5 stars|
|Best Deal*||Save 32% Please click here||Save Money Please click here|
NOTE : Product prices, availability, ratings and save money information are accurate as of the date/time indicated on post time (as seen right bellow the tittle) and are subject to change. Any price, ratings, availability and save money information displayed on Amazon Site at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Considering that the price gap is quite significant, we recommend you to choose Rowenta DW9081 for home usage, as the power is sufficient already to meet the needs. Yet, for professional usage, you should opt for Rowenta DW9280 for the best performance!