While most common cooks barely pay attention to their knives, there are actually a lot of specifications hidden in each blade that play huge roles in the cutting performance. A knife in different style will have different angles and edges. Thus, sharpening a knive can be tricky. Luckily, EdgeCraft has created several knife sharpener models in the very famous frist-choice brand, Chef’s Choice. Chef’s Choice 1520 and Chef’s Choice 15 Trizor are both compatible for Western (European, American) and Asian knives. If you want to acknowledge the differences between Chef’s Choice 1520 and Chef’s Choice 15 Trizor, continue reading.
Chef’s Choice 1520 features three sharpening stages that can be used for straight, serrated, and double beveled knives. Its two diamond abrasives are for sharpening while its stropping disk is for polishing. It works to restore and recreate both a 15-degree angled Asian knife and a 20-degree angled Western knife. For a 15-degree knife, you should use only Stage 1 and Stage 3. Meanwhile, for a 20-degree knife, you should use Stage 2 and Stage 3. If you use all the three stages, you will create a double beveled edge.
Chef’s Choice Trizor offers a different approach in sharpening your knives. It works by transforming your 20-degree knife into a 15-degree knife. Actually, Chef’s Choice Trizor automatically adjusts itself to the angle of the inserted knife. So, no matter on what angle your knife is and how dull your knife is, you will always get a super sharp 15-degree triple beveled edge. Chef’s Choice Trizor also features three stages, but those stages consist of a diamond abrasive, a flexible abrasive, and a stropping disk. You will need to use all the three stages.
Chef’s Choice 1520 Vs Trizor
|Chef's Choice 1520||Chef's Choice Trizor|
|Key differences||- Designed to sharpen Asian, European and American style knives
- you can restore and recreate both a 15 degree angle on your Asian style knives and a 20 degree angle on your European and American style cutlery
- 100% diamond abrasives and patented flexible stropping/polishing discs that create a "gothic arch" edge structure recognized for incredible sharpness and durability
- UL or ETL and Canadian Approval.
- Engineered and assembled in the U.S.A.||- Sharpener for American-, European-, and Asian-style knives, including straightedge and serrated
- Converts 20-degree factory edge into high-performance Trizor 15-degree edge
- Three stages include diamond abrasives and flexible, abrasive stropping disks
- Flexible spring guides automatically adjust for the proper angle; simple on/off switch
- Measures approximately 6-1/5 by 12 by 6-2/5 inches; 3-year limited warranty|
|Customer Ratings*||4.6 out of 5 stars||4.7 out of 5 stars|
|Best Deal*||Save 24% Please click here||Save 24% Please click here|
NOTE : Product prices, availability, ratings and save money information are accurate as of the date/time indicated on post time (as seen right bellow the tittle) and are subject to change. Any price, ratings, availability and save money information displayed on Amazon Site at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Now that we are aware of the differences, Chef’s Choice 1520 is the way if you want to retain the 20-degree angle. Otherwise, if you like the idea of converting your knives into 15-degree, then Chef’s Choice 15 Trizor is the way.