An electronic lockset is an excellent idea. People tend to worry about losing their keys or someone stealing their keys. Parents would always remind their children not to forget to bring their keys and not to lose them. With an electronic lockset, you don’t have to worry about keys anymore. All you have to do is memorizing the password for your doors. You can change the password whenever you want if there is a concern about security. Electronic lockset is a need for modern lifestyle. There could be many kinds of electronic locksets, but people’s favorites are Kwikset 909 and Kwikset 910.
Kwikset 909 and Kwikset 910 can be very, very similar in appearance. They are totally like Siamese twin brothers. Both of them also feature easy locking with only one button to push, automatic door locking after thirty seconds, up to eight customizable individual codes for different individuals, and SmartKey technology. The SmartKey technology makes it very easy to re-key your doors. Moreover, their keypads also equipped with backlights. A single push on the lock button will trigger the lights. Therefore, you can still get into your home although the night is pitch-black.
Probably the only difference between the 909 and 910 is the Z-wave feature on Kwikset 910. Kwikset 910 is able to communicate with your other electronic devices via the Z-wave. For example, you can program that when a user code is entered to unlock the door in the night, the lights in the entryway will come on. Or, when the door is locked from the outside, all lights in the house will be turned off.
Kwikset 909 Vs Kwikset 910
|Kwikset 909||Kwikset 910|
|Key differences||- Kwikset Signature Series product
- Features SmartKey re-key technology; re-key the lock yourself in seconds in 3 easy steps
- Customizable user access codes and easy to program user access codes for increased security
- Features an adjustable latch to fit all standard door preparations
- Includes standard deadbolt strike
- 1 in. deadbolt throw||- For use on exterior doors where keyed entry and security is needed. Replaces any deadbolt for keyless entry convenience.
- Program up to 30 custom user access codes.
- Lock your door with the touch of a button.
- Backup keyway featuring SmartKey re-key technology.
- Compatible with Z Wave home automation systems. Z Wave certification numbers: ZC08-13100007; ZC08-10020007; ZC08-11110001|
|Customer Ratings*||4.3 out of 5 stars||4.2 out of 5 stars|
|Best Deal*||Save 56%
please click here||Save 44%
please click here|
NOTE : Product prices, availability, ratings and save money information are accurate as of the date/time indicated on post time (as seen right bellow the tittle) and are subject to change. Any price, ratings, availability and save money information displayed on Amazon Site at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Because both Kwikset 909 and 910 are on very similar price, it is better to choose the 910 lockset because it provides more features. If you are building an automation system in your house, you definitely would prefer the Kwikset 910. Even if you aren’t, the extra Z-wave compatibility may come handy in the future.