We have compared Silhouette Cameo 2 with Cricut Explore before this current article. It turned out that Silhouette Cameo 2 is the winner because of the more flexible usage. Now, we are going to match Silhouette Cameo 2 against another variant of the previous contender: Cricut Explore Air. Does the variant offer something extra? Read on to find out! Take a look : Silhouette Cameo 2 Vs Curio.
Regarding specifications, Cricut Explore Air is more or less the same as the previous Cricut Explore. It can cut 12 inches wide, 24 inches long, so it is still inferior compared to Silhouette Cameo 2. It also doesn’t have any similar feature like the PixScan technology on Silhouette Cameo 2 that allows us to take directly the picture of a design using a camera and have the machine work over the design. And, unfortunately, you still require a computer to operate Cricut Explore Air.
However, it retains the strong cutting power. Cricut Explore Air can cut through most materials, even aluminum, with variable thickness. You also get the Smart Set Dial feature for automatic settings adjustment based on the material being used. Don’t want some artificial intelligence to do the control? You can still configure them yourself. The additional ability here is the wireless connectivity. Cricut Explore Air has built-in Bluetooth, making it possible to connect to your PC, Mac, iPad, or iPhone seamlessly. Silhouette Cameo 2 does not support wireless connection.
Silhouette Cameo 2 Vs Cricut Explore Air
|Silhouette Cameo 2||Cricut Explore Air|
|Key differences||- newest SPPR-26 available with touch screen - SPPR-26
- Pick me up tool, spatula tool, hook tool, scraper tool, dust cover (color may vary)
- Cutting blade, vinyl Trimmer & 12Inch x 12Inch mat
- Software, one month to the silhouette design store worth $25 in Downloads, templates, additional $25 dollars for Downloads on Silhouette's site||- Electronic cutting machine for DIY crafts and projects
- Built-in Bluetooth for wireless cutting with your PC, Mac, iPad or iPhone
- Design here, there, and everywhere with free cloud-based apps for PC, Mac, iPad and iPhone. Since it's cloud-based, so your projects are always synced across all your devices
- Upload and cut your own images FREE|
|Customer Ratings*||4.1 out of 5 stars||4.3 out of 5 stars|
|Best Deal*||Save 27%
please click here||Save 22%
please click here|
NOTE : Product prices, availability, ratings and save money information are accurate as of the date/time indicated on post time (as seen right bellow the tittle) and are subject to change. Any price, ratings, availability and save money information displayed on Amazon Site at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Is the Bluetooth a strong addition? Depends on your conditions. If you use your cutting machine for pieces that don’t extend beyond 24 inches, then the wireless Cricut Explore Air is indeed a neat thing. Otherwise, Silhouette Cameo 2 is still the way to go.