Although both are Silhouette machines, Cameo 2 and Curio are very, very disparate from each other. They can do different things and sport contrasting features. So, should we go for Silhouette Cameo 2 or Silhouette Curio? The objective of this article is to answer that question, so, read on! We will compate their capabilities and traits side by side! Take a look : Silhouette Curio Vs Cameo.
From the functionality aspect alone, we can see that Silhouette Cameo 2 and Silhouette Curio are aimed for different purposes. Unlike the Cameo 2, which is intended only for cutting and drawing, the Curio can do a lot more things: embossing, scoring, sketching, stippling, as well as etching. So, you can accomplish more of your creative jobs with a single device of Silhouette Curio than Silhouette Cameo 2. Besides that, Silhouette Curio has a dual carriages system that allows the user to perform two kinds of tasks simultaneously, making it faster to finish the piece. Silhouette Cameo 2 does not have the dual carriages system.
They both support the PixScan technology, a feature that makes it possible for us to snap the picture of a design then send the picture to the machine. The machine will work based on the received image. Unfortunately, the workpiece size that can be inserted into Silhouette Curio is much smaller than Silhouette Cameo 2 – limited to 8.5 inches wide and 12 inches long. With the Cameo 2, you can create a large poster, banner, and even wallpaper. Additionally, the Curio does not feature LCD touchscreen display like the Cameo 2.
Silhouette Cameo 2 Vs Curio
|Silhouette Cameo 2||Silhouette Curio|
|Key differences||- Newest Model with Touch Screen
- 1 Full Roll Chalkboard Vinyl & 1 Full Roll Transfer Paper, 2 Full Rolls Indoor/Outdoor Vinyl - White & Silver
- Hook, Scraper, Cutting Blade, Vinyl Trimmer & 12 Inch by 12 Inch Cutting Mat
- 5 Project Starter Guide written by Silhouette Cameo Guru Melissa Viscount (Vinyl, Heat Transfer, Print & Cut, Paper, and Sketch Pen)
- Software, One month to the Silhouette design store worth $25 in downloads, Templates||- The Curio is taking giant leaps forward with its new features; Along with the new stippling and etching functions, Silhouette is proud to introduce three types of embossing methods-Path Emboss, Score & Emboss, and Print & Emboss
- The Curio boasts a 5mm clearance, which allows you to feed thicker materials through the machine
It's all driven by powerful Silhouette Studio software and the Silhouette - The Curio is the only machine that can unlock the embossing, stippling, and etching, and dual carriage options that will now be available in Silhouette Studio|
|Customer Ratings*||5.0 out of 5 stars||3.4 out of 5 stars|
|Best Deal*||Save 26%
please click here||Save 28%
please click here|
NOTE : Product prices, availability, ratings and save money information are accurate as of the date/time indicated on post time (as seen right bellow the tittle) and are subject to change. Any price, ratings, availability and save money information displayed on Amazon Site at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Silhouette Curio offers a wider range of functionalities than Silhouette Cameo 2, indeed. However, you need to consider two things before getting it over its contender. First, are you okay with the small maximum workpiece size? Second, will you really use the extra abilities? If one of your answers is no, then you should choose Silhouette Cameo 2. Only if all your answers are yes, Silhouette Curio is good to go.