Silhouette Cameo vs Portrait – The Silhouette Cameo is an electronic die cutting machine that can cut a variety of materials from paper to fabric into designer shapes and fonts. These designer shapes are included into the Silhouette Studio software and can be purchased from the online library and the Silhouette store. The software makes the printer fully integrated with both PC and Mac computers (see also : Silhouette Cameo vs Cricut).
The Cameo and Silhouette Portrait™ cutters have the following features in common:
· The Silhouette CAMEO® and Silhouette Portrait™ cutters cut with amazing detail.
· The software provided makes the cutting easy by offering suggestions on printer settings for a particular type of media.
· They have an optical scanner which makes printing from your home computer to make cutting them with a silhouette cutter easy.
· You can design your own shapes with the Silhouette Studio software or use the designs available from the silhouette software library or online from the Silhouette Store.
Differences: Silhouette Cameo vs Portrait Cutter
· The Cameo cuts up to 12 inches wide whilst the Silhouette Portrait™ only cuts 8 inches. This means that the cameo is great for 3D designs and larger designs.
· The Cameo has a digital screen display for selecting options like loading and unloading, choosing the media or material, cutting, pausing etc. There is no digital display for the Silhouette Portrait™ but there are buttons with the same options covered by the lid.
· The Silhouette Portrait™ is small and compact weighing only 3.5 pounds.
Silhouette Cameo vs Portrait
|Silhouette Cameo||Silhouette Potrait|
|Specs & Features||- The silhouette cameo include a 12 inch cutting mat, cutting blade, 50 exclusive cuttable designs and $10 gift card to the Silhouette Online Store Includes access to thousands of downloadable designs; Includes PC and Mac compatible software - Cuts up to 12-inch wide and 10-feet long; cuts a variety of materials from vinyl to fabric - Great for Scrapbook layouts, cards,custom apparel, vinyl decor, etched glass, sketch designs, and paper crafts - Intricate cuts, precision duplication, and smooth edges make the Silhouette the perfect tool for paper crafting projects||- Cuts a variety of materials including: cardstock, fabric, heat transfer material, transparencies, paper, vellum, adhesive vinyland magnet paper - Free Mac and PC compatible software included - 10 dollars download card included - 50 exclusive digital designs|
|Customer Ratings*||4.6 out of 5 stars||4.5 out of 5 stars|
|Best Deal*||Save 1% please click here||Save 40% please click here|
NOTE : Product prices, availability, ratings and save money information are accurate as of the date/time indicated on post time (as seen right bellow the tittle) and are subject to change. Any price, ratings, availability and save money information displayed on Amazon Site at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
The Silhouette CAMEO® is more suited to the experience die cutter enthusiasts. The Portrait is a fantastic portable cutter that takes up very little space and can be carried around with ease. The Cameo is ideal for larger designs whereas the Silhouette Portrait™ is nice to use for small cuts and small projects. The Silhouette Portrait™ is also ideal for someone who is new to digital cutting. The Portrait is better because is costs less than the Cameo which makes it a great start-up cutter for craft projects.
Incoming search terms:
- silhouette portrait vs cameo
- silhouette cameo vs portrait
- cameo vs portrait