Blender is almost like a must-have in every kitchen due to its versatility and while the amount of options is numerous out there, we always end up with popular names like Vitamix due to their well-known performance. They also have several options to choose from such as Vitamix E310 Vs 5200 which are very similar but also different to each other. If you wonder which of them will fit in your kitchen better, go check what you need to know about the blenders here.
In this article, we are going to give you information about:
- Why Having a Blender at Home
- What are Blender Types
- What are Vitamix E310 and 5200
- What Vitamix E310 and 5200 Look Like
- How are the Performance of Vitamix E310 and 5200
- How to Use Vitamix E310 and 5200
- Vitamix E310 Vs 5200
A kitchen is just a room if there is no cooking tools and appliances, and we can’t imagine how empty it feels to see such scenery but, we are sure when you call it a kitchen, it is the heart of the house, the place where we make food for ourselves and the family. There can be less and there can be many items here but it is always based on each person’s or family’s needs so it is always best to shop based on what you want to cook or the habit in the house.
Kitchen appliances are useful and these electronic products will cut your time preparing food or beverage without much fuss. They are also versatile and some can be used to make both main dish and dessert such as the compact NuWave 2061 Vs 20632 that is not only easy to use, but also small enough to sit on your countertop if there is no oven or range in the kitchen. Another useful appliance that almost all of us must have is a blender and as you can guess, they are ideal for preparing liquified foods.
We may not use a blender to cook steak or sautéing veggies but whenever smoothies, juice, cold beverages are mentioned, this appliance is what comes first to our mind. They are extremely useful for breakfast time because this is the time when we have to quickly prepare the foods and smoothies or juice are highly nutritional, moreover, if you are using protein shake or similar ingredient to make them. Additionally, for some recipes such as pandan kaya jam or custard, they can be easily made with a blender.
| ||Vitamix E310 ||Vitamix 5200
|Product Dimensions||11 x 8 x 18 inches|
|20.5 x 7.25 x 8.75 inches
|Shipping Weight||11.5 pounds|
|Best offer||Check price||Check price
In the past, we only had the regular countertop blender which took up quite a space in your cabinet or kitchen top but today, we have few of them to choose from, based on which seems to fit your application the most.
- Countertop blender is the traditional type of this appliance and this is the best option for heavy-duty use as it can handle quite the ingredients from fruit, veggies, to small ice cubes. They are available in various sizes and various motor capabilities to match your application whether it is just for veggies and fruits or those made to blend ice that needs a more durable and strong motor.
- If you are a single user or only use the blender to make smoothie for one person, a personal blender is the best option as they are very compact; most are only as big as your water bottle and many are even come with detachable container that can also act as tumbler for highest convenience.
- Another type of compact blender is immersion or handheld type and this is prominently used in food preparing rather than beverage. It is unique because the motor is not stationary; instead it is held in your hand while the moving blade is immersed in the ingredients. They can be quite powerful for making fruit puree, potato salad, cake mixture, or baby food but not ideal for lots of ingredients or ice cubes.
About Vitamix E310 and 5200
Now when you already have an image on how the blender should be or what they can offer, it is the time to see what the market has to offer as there will be tons of them out there and chances are, most of them will look the same to each other which can make your shopping journey a bit complicated and this is why we have to choose carefully because not all blenders will be made equal.
We not only recommend you to choose based on what you need from the appliance but also based on the budget and to save time, we can decide the brand first especially those you already have good experiences with. When talking about blenders, one of the brands that we can always count on is Vitamix. We are sure most people are familiar with this name as they are among the main players in this segment but, they are also popular for the products’ quality.
What can be confusing is that this brand also carries quite the options in their catalog and not all are the same so there must be one that will fit your house better. For those who are going to make smoothie juice and similar beverages, Vitamix E310 and 5200 will be two of the most ideal options to go for. Both of them are not from the professional line which makes them quite affordable for daily use but performance wise, we can process almost anything with these blenders.
The E310 is a very popular option from the brand and this is among the Explorian line which is meant to offer good products but without the hefty price hence it is prominently more affordable compared to many other Vitamix blenders. On the other hand, the 5200 is coming from the C Series line and currently also the most affordable among its brothers boasting large cups and reliable motors to process foods.
Vitamix E310 and 5200 Design
While model names can be different among Vitamix blenders, most of them are retaining the same fashion or design because this is our first impression when checking Vitamix E310 and 5200 out. As you can see from the sample picture above, these blenders have the same stationary motor base and the same transparent plastic cup. The sample image may make the container look a bit grey tinted but it is just an angle and they are equally crystal clear so you can see the ingredient inside properly.
What’s prominently different between both blenders is the container size itself because 5200 is made for larger batches hence it has this 64 ounce cup instead of 48 ounce which is more ideal for single or maximum of two people serving. They also have a different handle and the one on the big brother is more robust as well as comfortable to hold even when the cup is in its max capacity.
Vitamix E310 and 5200 Performance
Moving further, when it comes to blender, since they are often used to process foods, our main concern is usually their motor and judging from their performance, Vitamix E310 and 5200 seems to be using the same technology here because you can process almost anything and what’s very surprising is that the consistency of your foods will also pretty much the same. For example when making puree of veggies to make curry, the smaller E310 can blend until very smooth or pulverize veggies and foods very effectively.
What’s prominently different between the two is only on capacity because it is easy to tell that you can make the whole pot of soup for 2-3 people using the container of 5200 than with E310 which may require you to go in batch and this means it will take you more time to finish. However, the results are the same in both blenders and we don’t think the smaller one is less capable at all in action.
Using Vitamix E310 and 5200
Since Vitamix E310 and 5200 are using the same control panel, both of them are also utilized or used in the same manner and steps. Vitamix has stressed that users shouldn’t use the high setting from the left switch first when turning the appliance ON and it is always recommended to put them on the low or variable speed first. After switching the panel down, now we can switch the power button next. It is better to use lower speed and gradually increase it according to the recipe.
If your recipe or dish calls for a high setting, slowly increase the speed into 10 and then switch the control into a high setting. This way we can utilize these blenders properly for longevity and similarly, we can use the high setting as much as possible depending on the recipe but, it is not recommended to start from high setting first without activating the blender in its variable position.
Vitamix E310 vs 5200
These blenders are equally reliable and what’s impressive is that the cheaper E310 is also very powerful despite the size. It seems that they use the same motor and performance wise, there is no difference between the two but, it is also true that the 5200 model will handle more ingredients if you have more people to serve as well as have a better container handle but, if you have shorter cabinet then the little brother will be easier to store.
- The 48-ounce container is ideal for blending medium batches for small family meals. Cutting blades measuring 3-inch diameter to ensure a consistent blend every time. Electrical Ratings-120 V
- Hardened Stainless-Steel Blades: Our aircraft-grade stainless steel blades are designed to handle the toughest ingredients, so from the first blend to the last, you get the same quality results. Cord length: 4.5 feet
- Self-Cleaning: With a drop of dish soap and warm water, your Vitamix machine can clean itself in 30 to 60 seconds. What's in the Box: motor base, 48 oz. container, mini-tamper, cookbook
- Design Feature: Radial cooling fan and thermal protection system
- Variable Speed Control: Easily adjust speed to achieve a variety of textures. The dial can be rotated at any point during the blend, so you’re in complete control
- Large Batches: The size and shape of the self-cleaning 64-ounce container is ideal for blending medium to large batches. Design Feature : Radial cooling fan and thermal protection system
- Hot Soup: The blades in the Vitamix container reach speeds fast enough to create friction heat, bringing cold ingredients to steaming hot in about six minutes
Hardened Stainless-Steel Blades: - Our aircraft-grade stainless steel blades are designed to handle the toughest ingredients, so from the first blend to the last, you get the same quality results
NOTE : Product prices, availability, ratings and save money information are accurate as of the date/time indicated on post time (as seen right bellow the tittle) and are subject to change. Any price, ratings, availability and save money information displayed on Amazon Site at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
You can choose any of these blenders because they are equally amazing but, if you are only cooking for one person, E310 will be the cheaper option but, if you are serving for family, we do think 5200 is more convenient to pick.