Many people got interested with getting the Winix air purifier, especially the ones who have a pet in their house. The device is capable of filtering the air to make sure that it will be always healthy in your house. Nah, if you are one of them and have come across the two leading models of Winix, the WAC 5500 and WAC 9500, you may be stuck now unable to decide which one of them that you should purchase. Here, we are going to break a small comparison between the two products to help you choose. Take a look : Winix 5300 Vs 5500.
While they both use the True-HEPA life-long, washable filter, they have different cleaning mechanism. The Winix WAC 5500 only has 3 stages of air cleaning, consisting of carbon pre-filter which captures chemical vapors, the HEPA filter that collects micro-dusts, then the plasma wave technology that neutralizes viruses and bacterias from the air. On the contrary, Winix WAC 9500 is packed with more layers consisting of five stages; a washable pre-filter, the HEPA filter, anti-microbial treatment, advanced odor control, and finally the plasma wave technology. However, despite being a stronger filter, the WAC 9500 would only work optimally on up to 284 square feet room, while WAC 5500 has maximum area coverage of 350 square feet. Last but not least, Winix WAC 9500 also comes with neat extra features, namely, sleep mode and off timer settings, and smart sensors including dust, odor, and light sensor to automatically adjust the settings.
Winix 5500 Vs 9500
|Winix 5500||Winix 9500|
|Key differences||- Long Life True HEPA Filtration Captures 99.97% of airborne pollutants and allergens as small as 0.3 microns
- Odor Control Carbon Pre-Filter especially formulated to capture offensive Smoke, Cooking and other Household Odors.
- PlasmaWave(TM) Technology attacks pollutants at a molecular level to neutralize viruses, bacteria, chemical vapors, and odors - without producing harmful ozone.
- Smart Sensor with Auto-Mode automatically adjusts your air cleaner settings to meet the needs of your environment.
- Energy Star Qualified to save you money.||- True HEPA Filtration captures 99.99% of airborne pollutants, pet dander and allergens as small as 0.3 microns.
- Washable advanced odor control carbon filter especially formulated to capture offensive pet odors as well as smoke, cooking and other household odors.
- Washable Pre-Filter extends the life to your filter by capturing Pet Hair and larger airborne particles.
- PlasmaWave technology attacks pollutants at a molecular level to neutralize viruses, bacteria, odors, and gases in the air
- Smart Sensors with Auto-Mode|
|Customer Ratings*||4.4 out of 5 stars||4.5 out of 5 stars|
|Best Deal*||Save 25%
please click here||Save 23%
please click here|
NOTE : Product prices, availability, ratings and save money information are accurate as of the date/time indicated on post time (as seen right bellow the tittle) and are subject to change. Any price, ratings, availability and save money information displayed on Amazon Site at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
As you can see, Winix WAC 9500 comes with more benefits than Winix WAC 5500. But, it is also more expensive. To make sure that you don’t make an overkill purchase, you must consider carefully about your circumstance. Winix WAC 9500 is more suited for a dirtier environment, places where you need extra filtering power. Meanwhile, for a casual room, the Winix WAC 5500 would be sufficient.